Stable Massage offers top sports and deep tissue massage in our Melbourne CBD, St Kilda, Fitzroy North and Prahran clinics.
Our therapists have extensive experience in preventative maintenance therapies for athletes or anyone with active lifestyle. Sports massage facilitates building up of form and rehabilitation, whilst carrying chronic or acute injuries. Relief of tightness in the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues is achieved through the focus on the knots and specific tension areas.
You are in good hands with Stable Massage therapists, who have extensive experience working with top athletes in cycling, fencing, basketball football and tennis.
Benefits of sports massage
- Helps prevent muscle and tendon injuries
- Reduce the post-strain and discomfort effects of training and chronic strain patterns, allowing a quicker return to maximum training levels
- Facilitates recovery from myofascial injury reducing the likelihood of recurrence of chronic injuries, resulting in soft tissues free of trigger points and adhesions, contributing to peak muscular functions
- Post-event massage helps recover from hard training and competition
- Regular massage focuses on the prevention of developing chronic injuries and aids in the healing process of current ones
Regular therapy sessions will help break up and eliminate scar tissue. Follow up assessment will take place for a range of motional movement. Repeat consultations are prescribed exercises are usually required for the long-term treatment of chronic and acute conditions.
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Diploma in Relaxation Massage
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) and Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT) members