UPDATE: Thursday, August 5th 2021
Dear Stable Clients
If you have an appointment booked with us between August 5th to 13th, our team will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your options.
Under strict government guidelines, we are able to provide in-person care this lockdown, if your condition is considered ‘essential’, that being in the absence of care there may be a change/deterioration in functional independence necessitating escalation of care (e.g. a requirement for specialist input/review, an increase in care needs and/or alternate accommodation, avoiding a hospital admission or emergency department presentation).
We understand it’s difficult for a patient to establish this themselves, for this reason we ask you to call us to ascertain if you are eligible for the appointment.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of flu, fever, sore throat or cough, we cannot make a booking.
We must all play our role in keeping the people of Victoria safe.
Zoe Browning & the Stable Management team.
We are on to it! What we are doing to keep everyone safe:
Stable Health has always had the health of our professionals and clients as our top priority. Our clinics are safe and clean, strictly following best practice guidelines to support you and your wellness routine.
Our therapists will inform us immediately if they start to feel unwell so that they can and self-isolate and get tested. If we have to call you to change your set appointment it will be to safeguard your health, and the community in general.
All clients are asked to self-isolate and postpone their appointments for two weeks if they have any signs of a cold, a temperature, have come from overseas, or have been in contact with someone who’s been diagnosed with Covid-19. Our team is here to reschedule your appointment for you by phone.
What we do regularly
- Our clinics are not public spaces, we do not accept walk-ins and bookings are strictly by appointment only.
- Our clinics are cleaned regularly with hospital grade disinfectants to ensure that all surfaces are sanitary.
What we are doing in addition
- Hand sanitiser with 70% isopropyl ethanol (hospital grade) is now provided and available at every Stable clinic.
- Our team has been trained in, COVID- 19 infection control training. This training module is accredited by the Australian Department of Health.
- We have strict updated health and safety procedures with our therapists, and will reschedule appointments if they are feeling unwell so that they can self-isolate and recover.
What you can be doing
- Prior to attending our clinic for a treatment, you will be asked to check-in using the QR code linked to the Service Victoria App. This is part of Covid Safe Plan required by the local government. The QR codes are available in the clinic reception areas. Simply use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code. Your therapist will ask you to show a confirmation of completion.
- If you don’t feel well, with a cough, sneeze, or flu-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. And please see the DHHS Self Assessment. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, please keep clear of Stable Clinics for 14 days.
- Please wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds with soap.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth.
- Please use hand sanitiser frequently.
- Please cover your nose/mouth when coughing/sneezing – use your handkerchief, tissue, or bent elbow.
- We kindly ask our clients to follow local government advice on masks and COVID-19.
- When visiting a Stable Clinic please wear a mask to your appointment, and then adhere to any protocol set by the therapist during the appointment itself.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at 03 8598 9804 for any questions and appointment enquiries.
In the meantime, we hope that all of you stay safe and healthy.
The Stable Team